8.13.2010

To Shame

To Shame

How grateful I am for the cross.
Freedom so grand
Purchased at great cost.

Freedom not to purposefully sin,
But freedom from fears grip
Of stumbling again.

Should I stumble again,
I know that I am free
To look shame in the face,
And proclaim “Jesus makes me clean.”

Therefore, in my life you have no place:
To bind my feet
To bind my hands
To bind my lips
Paralyzing me
From the fullness of life
Lovingly given from He.

Who in my place,
The perfect one,
Bore all the wrath
I had won.

The condemnation, the guilt,
The shame was mine.
His righteousness He exchanged
Out of love divine.

The purchased rights to my life
No longer mine.
My feet, hands and lips
A new master they find.

Your accusations of guilt
Can no longer come to me,
But must be answered
By He that redeemed.

To you, I assure you
He’ll simply reply,
The debt has been paid.
This beloved one is mine.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

nice, nice, really nice and full of truth!!! Let's make a hymn out of it.

Caroline said...

Thank you! Is this welbeck writing

Unknown said...

yeah, it's me... somehow I'm Pall

Caroline said...

you pulling my leg Welbeck?